Your favorite bloggers are back for the New Year. A fresh start. Some new ideas. Sorry we've been away for so long, but were motivated and ready to entertain you with these blogs. Were doing things a little different this time around. We will not have any themed blogs, but just sheer randomness. Being spontaneous is the key to entertainment. So whatever we're feeling on this day, we'll blog it for the people. It just gives you the people an idea of what the hell goes on in our heads. Weird as it may sound, or even scary for some. Today is a new year, but instead of focusing on New Year related stuff, I'm just being random.
So, the first is I recently found a website justin.tv where they show streaming videos online. They have a wrestling section where they sometimes show old school wrestling. Growing up on 80's and 90's wrestling allowed me to return to my childhood with this site. Ahh, back then when wrestling was predictable and simple. More technical with athleticism. My buddy Mark actually brought up a video where he asked me what my first "oh shit!" moment was in wrestling. "Oh shit!" means something during the WWF days that you thought was just utterly shocking... So in honor of my wingman Mark Doomz, here is my top 5 OH SHIT Moments during WWF in the 80's and 90's...
5. Hulk Hogan and the fireball: Mark actually pointed this out to me because for the longest time I never knew that they had something extra after Wrestlemania 7. After Hogan won the WWF title against Sgt Slaughter, Mean Gene Okerlund tried to interview him where he was met with a surprise...
4. Ultimate Warrior cursed by Papa Shango: All I thought was what the fuck was coming out of his head? I remembered as a 9 year old kid thinking man Warrior really got voodooed by Papa Shango. It may seem silly but as a kid it was shocking!!!
3. Jake The Snake gets blinded by the Model Rick Martel: This led up to the blindfold match at Wrestlemania 7. This was where it started. At the Brother Love Show.
2. Macho Man Randy Savage gets bitten by a Cobra: WTF!!! That was my reaction. I can't believe they showed this shit on camera at the time. I kept telling my mom that Macho Man was gonna die. LOL. I was so gullible as a kid.
1. The Rockers break up: I couldn't believe it. It was one of those memorable moments in wrestling where you remembered where you were. For the record I was in the Philippines, I was 9 and watched it on Wrestling Challenge. I knew they had beef leading up to that but I didn't realize what Shawn Michaels was about to do.
On the drive home today I was just listening to some Hi-Five... Which was one of my favorite R&B groups of the 90's. I feel that they were very underrated and was hidden in an era of Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Shai, All 4 One etc. So here's my top 5 favorite Hi-Five songs... RIP Tony Thompson.
5. I Can't Wait Another Minute: The remade version of this timeless classic is a favorite of mine. Also, if we were to do a countdown of the best sung remade songs, this would make the list...
4. Unconditional Love: What a track on the Menace II Society soundtrack. Such a beautfiul song.
3. I Like The Way (The Kissing Game): Everyone remembers them for this song. To this day when this song comes on, it is still a popular one on to boogie to.
2. Never Should've Let You Go: Actually this song was a forgotten one by me. A nutcheck when played at Nessa's house. I remembered this song too and totally forgot that it was Hi-Five who sung this. Great track! The chorus always gets me...
1. She's Playing Hard To Get: One of my favorite songs of the 90's. Such a simple yet so clever song.
Keep in tune with NCV cause you never know what we'll post... Happy New Year everyone from Shanezoola, MACTINO and Al-Boogie.